Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Support Booksource sales, customer service, and operations departments by researching status on purchase orders with vendors, completing pricing and availability checks on lists of titles, and assisting with the maintenance of inventory. The Buying Assistant will maintain strong positive relationships with vendors while working to obtain excellent service and pricing.
Inventory Control Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily interaction with publishers to obtain statuses on purchase orders, titles, and new pricing and subsequently update internal inventory management systems.
- Be the first point of contact with vendors regarding pricing, availability, and turnaround times for special projects and large orders.
- Assist with negotiating extended discounts on large project buys.
- Assist with placement and monitoring of rush PO’s for time sensitive customer orders.
- Query vendors about special order titles and communicate availability with internal departments.
- Update inventory spreadsheets and monitor reports for progress towards departmental goals.
- Ability to analyze purchasing and inventory data to suggest process improvements.
- Work with Accounting to ensure accurate invoicing and crediting.
- Adjust physical inventory when needed and work with the receiving department to clear up problems with shipments from vendors.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Organized, punctual, attention to detail and strong math skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Data entry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- 1+ years of purchasing or related experience preferred
- Experience with supply planning and product forecasting a plus.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree; bachelor’s degree preferred.
May need to spend time in the warehouse to acquire hands on experience.