Education Sales Consultant
Friday, November 09, 2018
Booksource Independent Sales Representatives are the company's main presence in our sales territories, calling on key decision makers in the Pre-K to 12th grade education market. They offer a consultative selling approach, focused on customer needs. We look for effective sales representatives who can engage our customers and help us to grow the business in both existing accounts and with new districts. This is an independent, commission-based, 1099 sales representative position based in Virginia.
National Sales Manager
- Four-year college degree (preferred)
- Willingness to learn the education sales industry (will train)
- Strong knowledge of Booksource product and service offerings (will train)
- Sales experience or aptitude via enthusiasm for the process of investigating, creating and fulfilling customers’ needs
- High achievement and proven track record for excelling in a fast-paced work environment
- Team player with a collaborative mind-set
- Excellent presentation skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for books and literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication, customer service, organizational, relationship and problem-solving skills
- Travel within territory for sales calls, trade shows and other sales opportunities
- Call on key district personnel, such as Curriculum Coordinators, Literacy Coaches, as well as site based sales visits with Principals and teachers to discuss their trade book needs.
- Employ effective consultative techniques that include, but are not limited to: pre-sales call planning, productive questioning strategies that lead to understanding customer needs, timely, efficient and effective follow through and maintaining and nurturing relationships with key decision makers.
- Partner with Booksource sales support staff for exceptional customer experiences.
- Maintain Booksource product and services knowledge, knowledge of the educational industry and trends, especially within the given sales territory, and factors influencing the market environment.
- Generate sales growth within a given territory.
- Deliver Booksource sales presentations, as needed.