Friday, December 28, 2018
Booksource is a book wholesaler servicing schools across the United States. The Warehouse Associate is responsible for efficiently and accurately contributing to the operational success of any warehouse department, which consists primarily of receiving, pulling, processing, and shipping.
Warehouse Department Lead
The Warehouse Associate is a temporary position, with potential to hire full-time based on performance. Weekly hours vary on business needs.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Perform basic warehouse tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be able to meet daily goals and continuously try to improve.
- Provide consistent feedback and communication with Warehouse Leads.
- Communicate effectively with office staff and managers on warehouse questions.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative when needed.
- General knowledge of warehouse functions, with the ability to perform any based on departmental need.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with great interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to speak up, and take pride in work.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years warehouse, production, or operations experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-pace, diverse, and high performance environment.
- All positions require professional and polite communication both internally and externally.
- Basic math and computer skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook a plus.
- Dependable attendance and flexibility with scheduling is a must.
- Must have excellent motivation, pay close attention to detail and be deadline driven.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and be on feet for 8 hours.
- Must be able to climb ladder while stocking shelves.