Marketing Content Strategist
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Marketing Content Strategist is responsible for determining the conceptual and copy direction of print and digital messaging to support the strategic goals of the marketing department and the business, as well as developing strategic content to enhance brand awareness.
Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
Your Contribution to the team Includes
- Collaborate with marketing team to determine the conceptual and copy direction of sales and marketing campaigns and initiatives and ensure the strategic direction of the sales and marketing calendar is executed
- Work with internal stakeholders on content development and copywriting around strategic business initiatives in support of company goals
- Develop compelling content designed to generate new leads, convert prospects into customers and increase customer engagement, including blogs, emails, white papers, infographics, etc.
- Improve content delivery including search engine optimization and metadata management.
- Ensure marketing campaigns align with the strategic goals and initiatives of the business
- Assist with the strategic direction of the sales and marketing content calendar
- Collaborate with internal departments to support and align departmental initiatives with sales and marketing campaigns
- Assist with the creation and implementation of a marketing vision to support company goals
- Collaborate with marketing managers to engage customers with content that addresses appropriate pain points and specific needs along the customer journey
- Assist with strategic direction of email marketing and website content creation.
- Establish and enforce standards of communication for internal and external audiences
- Assist with analyzing content efforts and lead conversion performance, and make adjustments as necessary
- Research, test and integrate new content distribution channels and report on findings and insights
What You’ll need to be Successful
- 10+ years of copywriting and content strategy experience
- User experience expertise and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills are preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively on projects, share information, and build consensus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects while meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in internet tools and subjects such as HTML, CSS design, etc.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or comparable experience
- Interest in K-12 literacy and curricula, with knowledge of children’s literature
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (ex. Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator)
*Please include a writing sample or portfolio of your choosing