Warehouse Department Lead
Wednesday, January 04, 2017
The Warehouse Department Lead is responsible for the day-to-day workflow and the performance of staff in the warehouse.
- Responsible for leading or supervising warehouse department and staff.
- Oversees processes to ensure inventory and orders are completed accurately and timely.
- Develops strategy to exceed required timelines and sales goals.
- Trains and evaluates employee performance; initiates hiring, promotions, transfers or disciplinary actions.
- Provides excellent communication between all departments within the company.
- Ensures that operational resources, including equipment and employees, are properly allocated in relation to daily needs.
- Liaise between staff and senior management to ensure organizational goals and objectives are effectively communicated and met.
- Assists Warehouse Manager in recruiting and retention as needed.
- Correctly interprets and enforces company policies and safety procedures to ensure compliance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-5 years warehouse, production, or operations experience required.
- 2-5 years of supervisory and/or management experience required.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-pace, diverse, and high performance environment.
- Strong ability of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational, planning, and business acumen skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and be on feet for 8 hours.