Literacy & Education Manager
Monday, January 09, 2017
The Literacy and Education Manager will be responsible for working with the Literacy and Education Coordinators (LEC) to support teachers, literacy coaches and other educators select books for the implementation of balanced literacy. The L&E Manager is responsible for partnering with the Senior LEC to conduct internal trainings. This leader may also travel within the territory for external professional development and digital products presentations. The L&E Manager will take on additional responsibilities to improve or refine processes and efficiency, support other Booksource teams when called, and serve as a voice for the team within the company.
VP of Sales
- Manages daily operations of the Literacy and Education team in terms of workload expectations, team goals, and performance management.
- Provides daily leadership and mentorship to LEC Team around cross departmental projects or key initiatives.
- Partners with the Business Development Team to provide business reviews of assigned regions and forecast trends.
- Manages open quotes. Track, monitor, and come up with solutions to actively close open sales in system.
- Understands and shares analytics around quote production and sales trends and is able to connect the company objectives to the daily work of the team.
- Works together with the Business Development Partners, Customer Care Manager and Independent Sales Reps when needed to determine customer satisfaction around quote quality, identify regional trends, and determine opportunities for increased quote production.
- Attends and works trade shows in given territory when necessary.
- Remains updated and well-versed on company products and services.
- 5-8 years of experience leading cross functional teams
- B.A. or B.S in Business, or related field
- Prior experience within sales forecasting and business analytics
- Demonstrated computer proficiency: Microsoft suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills