Director of Sales
Thursday, October 15, 2020
The Director of Sales is responsible for providing leadership to grow revenue and maximize profitability of Booksource. As an experienced leader, they will oversee and be responsible for the success of our external sales consultants, our internal account manager team and our sales initiatives. This role will analyze sales data to determine strategy, implement new sales initiatives, and find creative solutions where they see opportunities within the education market. The Director will work closely with our product and marketing teams to strategize and execute a sales plan which focuses on the company mission and aligns with our Business Development team to achieve sales goals.
Chief Experience Officer
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Directs sales strategies across the company and is accountable for YOY growth through our sales consultants, Business to Business teams and internal teams; implements and redefines sales processes and strategies to maintain sales growth.
- Commits to building an effective and structured sales process and ensures alignment across all sales teams: Sales Consultants, Inside Sales, Account Managers, Customer Care; analyzes reports and review with Senior Leadership to improve sales achievement and further sharpen our sales model.
- Inspires and provides strong leadership to team to ensure motivation among entire team through all aspects of the sales process.
- Works with the National Sales Manager to establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories with Sales Consultant representation; projects expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Facilitates the design and ongoing administration of incentive compensation plans for the sales force; ensures incentive plans motivate field sales consultants and support the sales/profit objectives.
- Regularly participates and communicate sales forecasts and monthly predictions, while also responsible for creating and sharing an annual sales budget, including operational expenses related to sales.
- Collaborate with Director Team to execute business projects and initiatives.
- Develop plans and strategy to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base.
- Sets, monitors, and adjusts all financial metrics including annual sales targets, KPI’s and departmental drivers related to sales.
- Develops and coaches a passionate team that delivers value to our customers through selling our product and driving revenue in the business
- Understands customer needs, the competitive landscape, and new trends within the education market.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Product and Business Development and Leadership teams to ideate new revenue streams via products, services, territories and initiatives.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- 10+ years of progressive career movement in Sales, minimum of 5 years in Sales leadership building and managing teams of sales professional.
- Proven ability to develop and initiate strategies for revenue growth as well as expense control.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track record of high performance in achieving team quota and organizational revenue goals.
- Project management skills and experience preferred.
- Excellent analytic skills and demonstrated experience in analyzing and synthesizing data to make informed decisions in a highly collaborative environment.