Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Sunday, February 21, 2021
The CFO will play a significant role in the overall strategic direction of the company, including working with cross functional teams in developing business plans and establishing goals and objectives for those initiatives and designing and implementing processes to most effectively maximize profitability. The CFO will also be involved in evaluating new opportunities with other leaders of the company. The CFO is responsible for the financial and risk management operations of the company. This responsibility includes leading and developing the company’s accounting team, and overseeing the IT team and the Project Management team to provide great business support to the organization. The CFO also provides oversight and management of the firm’s external audit, tax and banking relationships. This position is responsible to the CEO of the company and is a member of the company’s executive team.
Chief Executive Officer
- Forge meaningful relationships with business departments to provide business support in the in the development, implementation and monitoring of key objectives.
- Serve as the point contact for the company’s legal contracts, tax obligations, leases, and loan covenants.
- Participate in the management of our Group Insurance, in partnership with Human Resources.
- Work with External Property and Casualty insurance providers and partner with Facilities and Operations to develop processes and controls to limit liability.
- Lead treasury functions including debt financing and cash management.
- Evaluate and define needed technology enhancements to upgrade the company’s current accounting systems.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Oversee the strategy for the budget and forecasting processes.
- Develop and teach classes to employees to support open book management and understanding of the financials and their ability to make positive impacts on the operating results.
- Work with HR to investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Support the Controller’s effort in creating the budget and holding departments’ accountable for the plans supporting the numbers.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial reporting and key metrics. Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Demonstrate proactive leadership as a member of the Executive team.
- Adhere to and advance the practices of our philosophy, core values and company vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to influence operational decision-making and strategy.
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting and Treasury functions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to formulate creative solutions.
- Understanding of IT systems, support and operations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- A BS/BA degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university.
- CPA mandatory, advanced degree a plus.
- Solid GAAP understanding.
- Minimum 20 years of accounting experience with at least five years of CFO experience.