Wednesday, December 01, 2021
As a member of the Information Technology leadership team, the Solution Architect is an integral role in building a holistic view and roadmap of the company’s technology strategy and processes. The Solution Architect leads the function that applies research, design, processes and execution excellence to deliver technology strategies, roadmaps and services aligned with the enterprise’s technology and business strategies. The Solution Architect partners with key cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations, Finance, Information Technology and the Enterprise PMO to establish alignment between the technology strategy and business strategies.
Director of IT
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Responsible for defining the architectures that turn business and technology strategic needs into actionable solutions for teams to execute on.
- Influence the future state direction for application development technologies by continuously staying abreast of the technology marketplace.
- Incorporate best practices in architectural designs and solutions.
- Assesses the technology portfolio for lifecycle impacts, consolidations and optimization opportunities that best align with business needs and goals.
- Lead the identification, scope, design and development of technology solutions for enterprise applications and systems.
- Envision and shape the future of the enterprise applications and platforms used across the operations to modernize and scale as the business evolves.
- Fulfill the role of technical expert and consultant to design and propose solutions that meet the enterprise’s technology and business requirements.
- Drive technologies from concept to implementation.
- Understand the implications of software design and implementation choices on performance, scalability and maintainability and security.
- Elicit technical requirements with limited information or guidance to architect solutions that meet both business and enterprise needs. Identifies deficiencies in technology solutions and works with appropriate technology team members to resolve.
- Collaborate with other technology team members to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient architectures that address the business’s needs.
- Defines and gains consensus on risk mitigation strategies of technology introduction and adoption.
- Responsible for providing architectural oversight and guidance to the technology team members.
- Ensure best practices across the technology team.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure security, scalability, performance and adherence to standards.
- Define and ensure secure coding policies and guidelines are followed.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of production issues and the deployment of timely fixes.
What you’ll need to be Successful
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years technical experience with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership capacity.
- Seasoned developer or technical lead with deep insight into newest technologies and trends.
- Possesses deep knowledge on solution architecture across multiple domains/platforms from business and technical viewpoints.
- Expert knowledge of design and implementation of enterprise workflow systems and architectures spanning infrastructure, network, intranet/internet, network and cyber security.
- Experience in Agile Development with specific Solution Architect (or similar) experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams for the delivery of solutions.
- Strong communication skills with ability to align the organization on complex technical decisions.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Azure DevOps Services.
- Mobile First Design.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience with Jira.
- Proven design of innovative and impactful systems solutions.